Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

A Blessing, through "failure"

God reminded me the other day of how His Kingdom sometimes expands without us knowing it. I was on a tramvae (trolly, for those of you who haven’t visited us yet), and I was conversing with a lady you had repented several years ago, in one of our church plants. Now, I must say that that particular church plant didn’t survive. It did not grow into a church, and those who had attended were welcomed into Good News Church, the “mother church” through whom we work.

I was delighted to hear that shortly after this woman came to faith in Christ, she shared her faith with her dying father. He was in the hospital at the time. And he listened to his daughter and also accepted Jesus before he died. This was the first time I had heard this story.

It was a reminder for me. The church plant was not a “success.” It didn’t survive. But through the attempt at starting the church, not only this lady, but her father received Christ. Success in church planting? No. But the Kingdom expanded. And that is what we’re really praying for anyway.

I hope this will encourage you to attempt ministry where you sense God is leading, even if it doesn’t “appear” to be successful. Who knows? Perhaps God would rather you not know.

Blessings,

Brad

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?